In this article, we are going to cover the most important email domain settings in order to improve your email deliverability. Let's get started.
Domain registered on GoDaddy? Check the detailed instructions here!
Domain registered on DNSimple? Check the detailed instructions here!
General instructions for Microsoft 365 and Outlook Setup:
- Add DNS records.
- Verify with TXT record
- Add MX record for Email
- Configure SPF record
- Setup DKIM
- Setup DMARC
I am seeing an error related to Domain Authentication (SPF, DKIM, or DMARC). How can I solve it?
If you’re seeing the error above (or similar), it means that something has not been set up in your Domain Authentication configuration. Setting up your domain authentication configuration in its entirety is an important aspect of maintaining a healthy email deliverability reputation.
To solve Domain Authentication errors, follow the steps below:
- If you haven’t set up Domain Authentication configurations, please follow all the steps for SPF, DKIM, and DMARC as described above according to your Email Service Provider (ESP)
- If you already have configured everything above, now it’s time to test it:
- By clicking on the “Failed” icon you’ll be able to test your SPF, DMARC, and DKIM configuration:
- Then, by clicking on “Refresh”, we’ll check if your SPF, DKIM, and DMARC are properly configured. The test might take some minutes to be completed, so you can now leave this page.
- If your Domain Authentication is properly configured, the error banner will disappear. You also should see the following result after your test is completed:
If, for any reason, the error banner is still surfacing, it means that something isn’t quite right with your Domain Authentication setup. Follow the steps provided by your ESP to properly configure it.
Microsoft + GoDaddy domain configuration
Microsoft + DNSimple domain configuration