What is a Recurring Sequence?
Amplemarket Sequences are the most powerful way to personalize your sales outreach at scale.
After establishing your ICP and creating tailored Searches, you can build a Sequence that is not only highly relevant, but extremely specific to each lead. And this can all be done with one large sequence setup. We'll take care of the rest and automatically space out these email sends for you, over the course of several days.
How to Build an Email Sequence
Select the "Sequences" icon from the menu or click "Send" next to an existing Email Sequence Template.
Choose your lead source. You can either enter your leads manually, upload a CSV, or choose leads from an existing Saved Search or List:
- Entering Leads Manually: When entering your leads manually, you will be taken directly to the sequence setup page. You can enter your leads by scrolling down and clicking on 'People'. Here, you can select the '+' and add as many leads as you'd like to contact with this particular sequence.
- Uploading a CSV: If you click on the CSV option, you'll be prompted to select a CSV to include. Make sure that your CSV has columns and values for all fields you're referencing in your template.
- Using a Saved Search or List: When using an existing Saved Search or List, the box will expand and ask for a bit more information.
- First, we'll ask you to select how many people you're hoping to reach with this specific sequence. This can be more of a "big picture" number, as we will spread out the actual contact between multiple days.
- Next, you'll select how many max leads per company you'd like to contact. This number will be spread out among the entire sequence. For example, if you'd like to reach out to 20 leads from the same company within the entire 5 day sequence, we will automatically disperse those leads and reach out to a max of 4 each day.
- Select the Saved Search or List that you'll be pulling leads from, and choose which data quality option you'd like. More on Data Quality here.
Next, choose which Email Sequence Template you'd like to use. Note: If you're entering leads manually, you'll skip this section for now.
Finally, you can schedule the most important details of your sequence. Below, I'll break down the different fields:
- Date of Send: This is the date when the sequence will start. You can send immediately, or choose a date in the future.
- Mailboxes: With larger sends, we want to give you the tools to maximize your email deliverability rates. One way to do this, is to disperse your email send among multiple mailboxes. Here, you can add any additional mailboxes that you have linked to your account, and we'll automatically split the send among them.
- Max People Added Per 24 Hours: Another way to maximize your deliverability rate is to send smaller batches of emails at a time. We recommend sending about 40-50 emails from a sequence within a 24 hour period. The length of time it takes to complete the full sequence will depend on how many batches of sends the sequence needs to go through.
- Sequence Template: Choose any of your existing Email Sequence Templates from the dropdown
- Sequence Name: This will be the internal name of the sequence for your team to reference. Make sure to make it specific, so that you can refer back to it when needed.
- Advanced Settings: Within the advanced settings, you can choose the time of day you'd like your emails to be delivered and if you'd like for them to be sent on weekends. You can also select if you'd like to make use of our email tagging feature and if you'd like to sync with your CRM.
- Stages: Here you can double check your copy and that all your leads' dynamic fields have values. You can also delete stages and control the cadence of the email flow.
- People: Review your list of people and delete any contacts who you do not want to include.
Hit "Send" and your sequence will be scheduled to go out! You'll be able to access your scheduled and completed sequences from your 'Sequences' page.